Frequently Asked Questions
TaMaarta has some similarities to other modes of training and competition. However, our approach is different. You may wonder how so, and in what ways. Here are some of the questions others have asked.
- TaMaarta brings together the energy and physical endurance of High Intensity Interval Training and pairs it with the Stage Presentation that is commonly seen in pageants and bodybuilding shows.
- A meet or charity invitational has two parts: Phase I is comprised of completion of ten physical exercise. For each exercise, the objective is to complete as many reps in 60 seconds. Phase II is made up of Stage Presentation rounds, a comparison round with athletes performing mandatory poses and an individual round with athletes performing a 60 second posing routine. Athletes final score is a total of both phases with Phase I weighing more. This makes the overall scoring and subsequent placing more objective and fair for athletes.
- A challenge, such as a TM10 Challenge, Half Challenge, Special Challenge is a competition that is Phase I only and can consist of all ten exercises or a lesser number.
HaHa. We get that question or comparison a lot. And while there may seem to be some similarities, TaMaarta is not a CrossFit company. TaMaarta is an original concept based on functional fitness while utilizing the entire body. No Olympic lifts here. Just a whole lot of fun while sculpting your physique.
Participation in TaMaarta competition is open to any athlete from any country. Athletes must apply for membership; sign an affidavit stating they have not used/taken any substance on the TaMaarta Prohibited Substance List in the twenty-four (24) months preceding application and shall not do so while a member of TaMaarta; or sign a TaMaarta “Commited” Athlete Agreement.
TaMaarta comes from the African somali word that means energy. The concept of TaMaarta is the cultivation, transformation, and application of energy to nourish, sculpt and utilize our bodies to optimize the functionality and encourage a healthy and natural lifestyle.
No. TaMaarta is not a bodybuilding federation. TaMaarta is a hybrid of High Intensity Interval Training and Stage Presentation. Our competitions are charitable events.
The TaMaarta Athletic Association (“TAA”) strives to offer a healthy and positive experience for all members, staff, participants and spectators. The strives to provide a discrimination free atmosphere. All events are conduct in a similar manner where no matter the locale to ensure continuative experience.
- The competitive track is for the those individuals who like to participate as athletes/competitors in TaMaarta competitive events, such as Challenges and Meets. The preparation and training information provided is suited to enhance athletic performance.
- The Wellness track is suited for the individual whose goals are focused on general better overall functional fitness, through exercise, proper nutrition education, and/or weight management.
- Choose a contest in which you desire to participate.
- Complete the membership form if you are not a current member of the TaMaarta Athletic Association, then proceed to the event page it will contain all of the details for the event.
- Click on the Athlete registration tab and complete the registration form.
- You will receive a confirmation email advising you of pertinent information pertaining to your event.
- The Athlete Meeting and Checkin will be the same day as the event approximately an hour and a half before the competition start time.
TAA staff are available to answer your questions during the event.
- Men’s Sculpting athletes can crossover into Men’s Sports Model.
- Men’s Athletic athletes can crossover into Men’s Sports Model.
- Men’s Sports Model athletes can crossover into either Men’s Athletic or Men’s Sculpting, but not both.
- Women’s Sculpting athletes can crossover into Women’s Sports Model.
- Women’s Swimwear athletes can crossover into Women’s Sports Model.
- Women’s Sports Model athletes can crossover into either Women’s Swimwear or Women’s Sculpting, but not both.
- Tanning is done the day of competition, following Phase One.
- Please visit our official tanning partner’s website, LiquidSunkiss.com to book your competition tan.
- Self-Tanning or tans completed by an unofficial third party are not allowed. Athletes will be disqualified from participation.
Press Passes may be applied for at contact at tamaarta.org.